The month of April, the three larger churches – Peace, Fresno; Emmanuel, Clovis; Grace, Visalia – opened their doors for worship. Also, these three societies also had their first meeting since March 2020. PTL! I attended all six meetings to hear about their plans for the future.
- First Lutheran, Dinuba: ongoing collections of diapers and other baby items for local Pregnancy Resource Center; Dorcas Quilters started meeting again on Monday mornings; quilts go to LWR and local nursing homes; spent the month of April preparing for the Spring Rally.
- Our Saviour’s, Caruthers: monthly Bible Study using the LWQ have continued since October with six in attendance; had their yearly LWML meeting in January making plans for the year. April brought the installation of their pastor, Rev. Scott Jacobsen; plans in place for their annual aebleskiver/ham breakfast on May 16th.
- Grace, Visalia: have knitted 541 caps for the Cancer Society; have set a date for their annual Fall/Christmas Boutique on Nov 6; working on cookie baskets for shut-ins; craft dates will soon begin.
- St. Paul’s, Selma: working toward their annual yard sale on May 8th; have lots of items since they couldn’t have one last year.
- Emmanuel, Clovis: planning a tea in June to bring their ladies back together; many of their ladies died this last year or moved away, including two of their officers; however, two ladies came forward to fill these positions.
- Peace, Fresno: planning to put together school backpacks with supplies for Sept at the local school; hoping to have their annual Oktoberfest; have resumed weekly Bible studies and craft days.